Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Caramel Pecan Pie Recipe With John Vaughn & Brooke Lundy

Well hello again to all my foodie friends out there in web land I hope all is well.  I don't know about you but I've been busy for the last couple of months which is a good thing to be.  I love it that way and the most thing I love is passing my love for you though food.  Any who I had the pleasure last Sunday to make a stop at the Wilcox Inn here in Aiken and visited my friend John Vaughn while he used his golden fingers to romance a full house but this time he had a great vocal lead named Brooke Lundy using her golden vocals to tunes like "Santa Baby" and lots of other Christmas tunes and oldies that am very fond of.  She had the audience waiting on every note to hear what she'd be singing next. They also enlightened us with a brief history on some of the tunes like, who wrote them and where they were written.  A few were written by song writers relatives who lived in the Aiken area.  John and Brooke will be at the Wilcox again this Sunday evening, playing and singing between the hours of 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. and I think you should go hear this wonderful duo preform, it will be for your enlightenment and help bring you fully into the Christmas spirit not to mention bringing back some fond memories to you as it did for me.. Please go and hear this wonderful talented team right here in Aiken where we can now call us the little New York of Broadway.  Thanks John for giving me a head's up about hearing you both at the Wilcox.  We are going to talk about making you a great tasty Christmas Caramel Pecan Pie.   One of the best things I find out about making this pie is that they now make baking caramels in little pellets so your not unwrapping 30 caramel candies which I always thought was a pain in the butt.  Also the pellets melt easier for blending.  Any who I hope you enjoy this recipe along with John and Brooke playing and singing along.  Any who happy trails to you until we meet again.  Go let my fan page on face book at "Cooking With MadJon & Friends".  Come join me on tweeter at @madjon51. Bona Y'all and Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to us all.




Christmas Caramel Pecan Pie

1 Cup Light or Dark Karo Corn Syrup
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Eggs beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 T. Melted Butter
1 Cup Caramel baking Pellets
1/4 Cup Cream
1.5 cups Pecans

1 pre- made pie crust 9"

Mix the first 4 ingredients together.  Toss in the pecans and mix.  Then melt the butter, caramel, and cream together till they are blended.  Mix the caramel sauce with the first 4 ingredients.  Pour into the pie crust.  Bake pie in a pre-heated oven on 325 degrees for about 50 minutes or until the middle of the pie reaches a temp of 200 degrees F.  Cool pie and serve with your favorite topper.  I like to add a chocolate sauce with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment